As someone who started his business with no money, no connections and no experience, Iman has demonstrated the effectiveness of his systems by building the largest information marketing academy in Canada with over 15,000 students — and the largest business meet-up group in Canada and one of the top 10 in the world. His company, Success Road Academy, provides world-class training and mentorship for entrepreneurs. Iman has taught his systems and strategies to tens of thousands of people, and he is a sought-after marketing and business expert on podcasts, radio shows and in print media.
He joins me on this episode of the Go For Launch podcast.
Topics that Iman and I discuss include:
- Starting his first business at age 18 and becoming nearly bankrupt within 3 months (and losing his father’s inheritance in the process)
- Finding a mentor early – who told him that a business is “not about having money, it’s about making money”
- His second venture that he built to 23 employees and sold and became a marketing consultant
- Moving to Canada from Iran in 2009 at age 25 — without knowing the language and having zero connections
- Being 17 days from homelessness
- Landing his first client for a website development project (through a highly unlikely source—his barber)
- His latest business — Success Road Academy – which provides mentoring and events
- His new focus on how to create and sell online courses
- Some of his favorite course delivery tools, including OptimizePress, Digital Access Pass, Clickfunnels, WebinarJam and Maestro Conference
SiteGround is a top web host for startups — with plans starting at just $3.95 per month.
LeadPages let’s you launch and test landing pages, pop-up sign up forms and more. Find out why it is the industry’s leading solution for landing pages.
Photo credit: Nicola
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."