Thinking about starting a digital agency? Get some advice from someone who has “been there and done that.”
In this episode of the Go For Launch podcast, Brandon Uttley, who has founded several digital marketing firms including serving as cofounder and president of carbonhouse from 1999-2008, talks shop with Mike Sallander, cofounder of Chicago Digital.
- How Mike and his friend Scott went from launching a music site that made little to no money in high school to evolving into a successful digital agency after college
- How working for a larger company for a few years gave Mike skills and income to build their web firm slowly
- Things Mike’s dad (also an entrepreneur) did that helped him start and stay the course
- How they kept expenses low
- How they avoiding a naming catastrophe
- When they truly turned the corner to long-term profitability (hint: finding your niche is crucial)
- How Chicago Digital became a top partner for the Adobe Business Catalyst platform
SiteGround is a the best place to launch your website! Hosting plans start at just $3.95 per month…less than the price of a premium coffee shop latte.
Mike Sallander (Twitter): @mikesallander
Like This Post? Subscribe to Go For Launch
If you liked this post, subscribe to the Go For Launch newsletter and get new posts delivered straight to your inbox!Go For Launch!
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."