David Taylor is on a mission to change how people fuel up in the mornings. His company, Mobius Nutrition, has launched what I like to call the “breakfast of entrepreneurial champions.” It’s a breakfast shake that is extremely nutritious and convenient for entrepreneurs and anyone else with a busy lifestyle who needs a great kick-start to their morning with minimal effort. (Check the Show Links below for a discount code to try Mobius Breakfast.)
David is the founder and president of Mobius Nutrition. Born in Alberta, Canada, he attended Missouri University of Science and Technology, where he earned a B.S. in Chemical Engineering. It was while he was in school that he found a passion for health and fitness and began leading workouts with his fellow students.
After graduating in May 2013, David began work as a consulting engineer in the food and beverage industry, where he saw first-hand how modern processed food is made. He soon after realized his true passion lay in helping people maintain a healthy and optimal lifestyle. During the fall of 2013 he reached out to his college friend Michael, and along with his wife, Megan, the three of them founded Mobius.
David and I cover a lot of topics about his journey to launch Mobius Nutrition and Mobius Breakfast, including:
- How they initially tried to launch another pre-workout product using a crowdfunding campaign (which failed)
- How the regrouped, focused on research and reformulated the concept into a breakfast blend
- What they did on the second, successful crowdfunding campaign (via Indiegogo)
- What regulatory challenges they faced in entering the supplemental products/food category
- How they partnered with a company that specializes in supplement formulations
- How they sourced a U.S.-based manufacturer and filed for a provisional patent
- What is working best for Mobius Nutrition to attract new customers and increase their sales
SiteGround is a top web host for startups — with plans starting at just $3.95 per month.
LeadPages let’s you launch and test landing pages, pop-up sign up forms and more. Find out why it is the industry’s leading solution for landing pages.
Increase your visibility, thought leadership and lead generation efforts by being a guest on top podcasts. Learn how the experts at Interview Valet can propel your business to the next level.
Use coupon code GFL2016 to get 10% off your first order until May 25, 2016.
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."