In this episode of the Go For Launch podcast, Nationwide Insurance agency owner Kris Byus of the Kris Byus Insurance Agency talks about important things entrepreneurs need to do to protect their personal and business assets.
Topics on today’s show include:
- Why it’s critical to separate your personal and business assets before you structure the appropriate insurance coverage you need as an entrepreneur
- Understanding different types of coverage based on your type of business
- Getting better rates for insurance (potentially) as a business owner
- Establishing a line of credit as an individual vs. a business entity
- Uncovering the myth of an “umbrella policy” that covers everything under the sun
- Knowing what General Liability covers vs. industry-specific insurance coverages
- Understanding Errors & Omissions coverage and newer policies such as Cyber Liability
- Putting together a Business Owner Package (BOP) for complete insurance coverage
- Getting a Certificate of Insurance (essential for doing business with larger companies)
- Top 10 things to consider for Commercial Insurance policies (free PDF)
Show Sponsor — Siteground Web Hosting
SiteGround is a top web host for startups — with plans starting at just $3.95 per month.
Download a free PDF — Commercial Insurance Checklist
Below are links to reach our guest Kris Byus:
Photo credit: Startup Stock Photos
[callout type=”center” title=”Like This Post? Subscribe to Go For Launch” message=”If you liked this post, subscribe to the Go For Launch newsletter and get new posts delivered straight to your inbox!” button_text=”Go For Launch!” href=”Go For Launch newsletter]
[share title=”SHARE THIS” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]
[author title=”About The Author” author_id=””]
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."