What’s the secret to being profitable? Hint: It’s not to jack up your rates (although that might help!)
It’s to pre-sell your products and services.
That is sage advice I got from Hawk Mikado, a leading expert in online to offline marketing and sales systems. He created a powerful 3-step process to engage, inspire and magnetize people to buy. Since 1999, he has co-founded seven profitable businesses. Hawk is also an adventurer and family man who loves to travel the world with his wife, Caitlin.
Listen to our interview on today’s Go For Launch podcast.
Topics Hawk and I discuss include:
- Early business successes he had as well as some pretty serious struggles early on as an entrepreneur.
- Starting his first marketing business in the sixth grade
- His track record since of starring multiple companies—a lot were not profitable and he shut them down within months
- His rule of thumb—be profitable within 30 days
- The secret to being profitable (pre-selling)
- His initial investment startup costs ($20-$200)
- Why he is a fan of doing things backward – i.e., selling first then doing backend stuff like incorporating, etc.
- His three pillars of success in business
- How to build the right team, and how he has scaled his roles down
LeadPages let’s you launch and test landing pages, pop-up sign up forms and more. Find out why it is the industry’s leading solution for landing pages.
Invert Strategies — free blueprint (Top 3 Challenges That Can Kill Your Business—And How To Easily Avoid Them)
Photo credit (cash register): Zizzy Baloobah
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."