What drives you to become a successful entrepreneur? Have you truly discovered your “why?”
Austin Hulsey is someone who has spent years discovering where his skills and passions intersect as an entrepreneur.
Austin is the CEO and Founder of NutriFitt, a Nashville-based startup specializing in high performance natural supplements and nutritional education. His mission is to inspire people to find their true-life why, take insane action, and never settle until their dreams become a reality.
Austin has an Associates degree in Health Sciences and is currently finishing his Bachelors degree in foods, nutrition and dietetics at Tennessee State University.
In 2010, he founded Avera Skincare, a company specializing in local handmade cosmetics. In 2015, he founded Precision Pressure Washing & Sealing which provides residential and commercial maintenance services. He is also co-author of the children’s book Nanook.
In our discussion on the podcast, Austin and I talk about the following topics:
- How he started young as an entrepreneur
- Whether we think entrepreneurs are born or made
- When Austin starting participating in mastermind groups—and the power they bring to entrepreneurs
- His first business (in the skincare industry)—how it did well initially but ultimately failed
- The key to success (discovering your “why”)
- How he learned to let failure mold vs. break him
- Why doing everything by himself was a mistake
- How he started his current nutritional supplement business (NutriFitt)
- How the business is different (such as having a registered sports dietician on staff)
- Ways he is dealing with the hype and competition in the supplement industry
- Austin’s Top 5 tips to entrepreneurs:
- Find a mentor
- Network, network, network
- Join a mastermind group. Have a laser focus. Great quote: “If you have six great ideas, eliminate five of them.” — Jeff Hoffman
- Combine crazy action with insane faith
LeadPages let’s you launch and test landing pages, pop-up sign up forms and more. Find out why it is the industry’s leading solution for landing pages.
Increase your visibility, thought leadership and lead generation efforts by being a guest on top podcasts. Let the experts at Interview Valet propel your business to the next level.
SiteGround is a top web host for startups — with plans starting at just $3.95 per month.
The Ultimate Business Checklist will give you all the steps you need to take when starting your company, including estimated costs and timeframes.
[share title=”SHARE THIS” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]
[author title=”About The Author” author_id=””]
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."