Thinking about raising money through crowdfunding? Then you need the wisdom of crowdfunding expert Clay Hebert (pronounced “A-Bear”).
Clay is a marketing strategist and the founder of Crowdfunding Hacks, where he helps entrepreneurs and creatives fund their dreams. As one of the world’s leading crowdfunding experts, Clay has helped more than 150 entrepreneurs raise over $50 million on popular crowdfunding platforms Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
Clay is a frequent keynote speaker and engages audiences around the world on topics ranging from innovation to creativity, crowdfunding, marketing, entrepreneurship and the future of work.
Clay has trained senior leaders at Fortune 500 organizations, and his corporate speaking clients have included Accenture, Pfizer, Zappos and some of the top universities and nonprofits in the world.
He has written for The Washington Post, Forbes and The Next Web, and his work has been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Lifehacker and The Financial Post. He is a regular guest on FOX Business.
After a decade solving complex problems for global clients at Accenture, the world’s largest consulting firm, Clay left corporate America and attended the most selective and unique MBA program in the country, a 6-month journey working with Seth Godin and eight other amazing people.
The show is packed with crowdfunding wisdom from Clay. Important tips include:
- The four main types of crowdfunding (and key distinctions of each)
- The critical steps you must take before you launch a crowdfunding campaign
- Why you should not hire an agency to promote your Kickstarter or Indiegogo project
- The “ice cream sundae” problem (what it is and how to avoid it)
- The basic psychology of reward levels
- Examples of some of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns and lessons learned (including Coolest Cooler and Kittyo)
- When campaigns really get funded
- Why crowdfunding is like a party (and what you need to bring)
- Why stealth is b.s. (and no one is going to steal your idea)
- Advanced signals that indicate whether your crowdfunding campaign will succeed or fail
- Why media coverage may not bring a flood of backers to your campaign (but how you can leverage placements regardless)
SiteGround is a top web host for startups — with plans starting at just $3.95 per month.
LeadPages let’s you launch and test landing pages, pop-up sign up forms and more. Find out why it is the industry’s leading solution for landing pages.
Photo credit: James Cridland
[share title=”SHARE THIS” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]
[author title=”About The Author” author_id=””]
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.